Thursday, October 26, 2006

Smile for the Camera

Yesterday was 'picture day' at school for the kids and they looked so adorable when they left the house in the morning. I had told them over the past week that I wanted them to look nice for the pictures. (This was more for Lira's ears than Timmy's; she can be a bit stubborn about not wearing her hair too neat in the morning or about what she wants to wear for school.) So the night before last we decided to pick out the clothes. Lira wanted to wear a pretty black dress and pink & black jacket. It was an ADORABLE outfit even though it was a bit dressier than I had in mind. But she looked great and therefore, I decided I wouldn't let this become a battle. In the meantime, I was also preparing her for the fact that I was going to "do" her hair for photo day! Timmy saw what Lira picked out and said he wanted to wear something new and different for pictures, nothing he usually wears for school. THANK GOD FOR HAND-ME-DOWNS!!! Friends of the family had given us a few nice white button-down shirts and a nice button-up vest. Luckily he had matching black pants- he looked SO CUTE! And he loved the outfit! I made him promise he wouldn't dirty it or rip it until AFTER pictures. :)

Timmy's still working on keeping his hands "to himself" at school. With that being said, his teachers recently said they've seen a lot of improvement since Timmy started school. They are really looking out for him and taking his history into consideration when it comes to consequences for his occasional hitting behaviors. Lira is doing well despite the lack of ESOL support. (This week the ESOL teacher came only once.) I still work with her at home doing a phonics-based reading program and she goes to an extra reading class in the afternoons called "reading recovery." Today I took Lira to the doctor for a follow-up visit since she's been on the INH medication for a month now. (This is medicine for the positive TB test.) Lira is doing fine as far as that's going and doesn't have any problems taking the medicine! I had one other concern, but since the doctor says it's not anything to worry about, I won't even get into the details here. The kids are really looking forward to halloween next week- it'll be a blast for all of us! We can't wait to take them Trick-or-Treating!

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

Remember to post those school pics!
I bet they looked adorable. So pleased to hear how well they are doing!