Thursday, October 26, 2006

"Thank You"

I know I just posted earlier today, but I had to add this charming post about a "thank you."

This morning Lira was putting on her new sneakers that we bought last night. As she was putting on her shoes, out of the blue she said, "Thank you, mommy, for my new shoes!" After a pause she said with a sad face, "I never had new shoes when I lived in the internat (orphanage); we always had to wear old, ugly shoes that always don't fit us!"

I can't tell you how much that sweet "thank you" filled my heart with joy and sadness at the same time.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Your daughter sure is a sweet thing! This story brought tears to my eyes. Knowing that there are so many children in orphanages that have to go through a life like that is just heart breaking. I'm so happy that these 2 amazing children found parents and are now part of an amazing family!