Friday, December 01, 2006

California Trip- The kids' perspective





I'll let the kids tell you all about it. I'll type of course, but I'm going to try to quote them!

Lira's version:
We go to the airplane and our ears were hurting- mommy and Lira. And when we got there, Grandma was so happy! Grandma said she's gonna hug, kiss, and bite me. And then we went to Larissa's house for Thanksgiving. Oops, sorry, Aunt Hazel's house. I met Grandma June and Grandma July. We... did.... we played with Larissa and we gave her a hair thing and Timmy give her a bracelet. We had a big dinner. Turkey! Corn! Turkey, corn, and ...corn! And I remember, potatoes! There were a lot a people. We go to the Disneyland and we saw the real princesses and they know my name! They know Timmy's name- Belle, Cinderella, and Jasmine, every princess was there. Pocohantas was there, too. She was from other countries but she still speaks english. And then I was crying because I had happy tears. And then I was, we got lunch, and we danced with Jasmine and Belle. And Belle blew me a kiss and I blew her back!

Timmy's version:
We go to Inglesdan. (I asked what this was- I have no clue! He says...) It's a toy store. Grandma bought me cars. And that's it. (I asked him what else we did...) We went to Titka Dani's house? Who's house did we go to, Mommy? Oh, Aunt Hazel's house. We went there for to play. After we went to Grandma's house. And that's it, Mom. (I asked him for more.) We went to Disneyland. And what else? I had some rides and that was FUN! We fight Dark Vader. Darth Maul had horns. We become Jedi. We went in a spaceship. Mommy, I don't want to tell no more!

And so you have it. We go to California for 8 days for the kids to meet family, and this is what stands out in their memory. Gotta love kids! :) Here are a few pics from the trip. I took several hundred! ;)

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

That is the cutest post ever! They are adorable, simply adorable. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation - just like we all need!