Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year!!

This New Year's Eve was very low-key. Our usual New Year's Eves in the past were spent with our friends, either having a party at our house or going to one close-by. We usually had our favorite drinks in our hands- be it wine or Ken's "Captain and Coke". But the past 3 New Years Evenings were childless on our part, and each one of those evenings I had prayed that it would be the year Ken and I became parents. My prayers were finally answered in 2006, and so I had no problem spending NYE this year sitting on the recliner, Ken sitting on the couch, both of us watching shows on TiVO and occasionally checking out Dick Clark on TV. (Ken probably didn't mind staying at home NYE because he needed to catch up on his Z's; He had his fill of fun by flying up to NY the day before and spending the night partying with friends. I stayed home and held down the fort!) We gave each other a kiss at midnight and by 12:15am, we were headed to bed and asleep minutes later. I had explained what New Year's Eve and Day were to Lira and Timmy but we didn't have them stay up past their usual bedtime. We needed to keep our homelife normal as the kids headed back to school today, Jan. 2nd. New Year's Day I had fixed a nice roast dinner and we talked about New Years Resolutions. Lira said she was going to "listen to her teachers more" and "love her family a lot" and Timmy said his resolution was to "listen to mommy and daddy more!" Of course, Timmy didn't keep to his resolution for very long, but it's ok- it was a cute moment nonetheless. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

What a lovely new year. I too celebrate with a roast and talking about resolutions. I had to laugh and timmy not lasting long! lol