Friday, June 22, 2007

Finding a new home for our cats...

Well despite EVERYTHING we've tried over the past year, we have come to the conclusion that we need to find a new home for our two cats. They have not adjusted well to Lira and Timmy. Besides hiding when the kids are home, they urinate on the kids' toys. (Great selling point for finding a new home for them, wouldn't you say!?) It's a heartbreaking decision for me since I've had the cats longer than I've known Ken! I think they would be so much happier in a home where they wouldn't be chased by the kids or locked in a room they don't want to be in. (L&T have shut the cats in the same room that they were in and then chased the cats around the room trying to pick them up. The cats were SO scared!) So... if you or someone you know could provide a good home for Apache and Tobey, please let me know. I don't want to separate the cats as they've been together since they were kittens. They'd do best in a home with no other pets and no children but would probably be just fine in a home that has OLDER children. I will try to post pictures of them in case anyone is interested in seeing them. In the meantime, if you are interested, post a comment with your email address and I'll email you more info and some pictures. :(

2 comments:

Sam Sylar said...

Jeanine, I am so sorry. It is a difficult decision to make. the first Summer Ben was home, we were convinced that he was allergic to the cats as we were giving him Benadryl all the time. Just when I was seriously considering giving them up, he got better!! We have two cats now, but luckily we got them AFTER the kids and they've never known any other life (thank goodness, or they'd be asking to leave home). Good luck finding a new home for them
Jane

Anonymous said...

So sorry J, I love those cats so I can only imagine how tough it was to make that decision. Best of luck, I hope they go to a friend so you can visit!