Thursday, July 12, 2007

Summer HW, my boyfriend, and my big butt

L & T are doing great and we've had a busy summer so far. I try to do homework with them every day; at first it was difficult to get the kids to do, especially T. BUT... he suddenly became a collector of trading cards! So, I now reward them with a trading card for each night they do a little bit of math and reading. It has worked A LOT better than I even expected. They come to me asking to PLEASE DO HOMEWORK NOW, MOMMY! Wow. How long will this last? Nevermind, I'm not going to question it- I love it! The rest of our summer is pretty much spent at the swimming pool which again, I'm not going to complain about. Ken has quite a bit of traveling to do for work this summer but I've noticed that by taking the kids to the pool for a few hours every day, they're exhausted by dinner time so it's not so bad!

L is in love with Luke Skywalker since watching the Star Wars movies and T keeps trying to shoot electricity out of his fingertips like the Emperor. Oh... and I have a boyfriend. :) L said that since her boyfriend is Luke Skywalker, I need to have a boyfriend, too. (Daddy doesn't count, she said!) So while it was a toss-up between Han Solo and Captain Jack Sparrow, I went with the pirate.

Oh, and my DEAR SWEET SON has quite the sense of humor. Ken and I were talking with our friends Mel and Nick about programming cell phones with ring tones for different people who call. Ken said, "Hmmm... I wonder what song I should program for when Jeanine calls!?" and Timmy, without missing a beat says, "Mommy's Got a Big Ol' Butt!"

Sigh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say that that song does not apply to you! :-) LOL about the boyfriend, and I think you made the right choice there! Good call on the homework, I've heard bribing (of sorts) works! Love you guys!

Jane said...

Ben told me "Mum, you have holes in your butt". I told him "yes, it's called cellulite!!"
Wow, I am impressed you're doing homework in the Summer, it would cause a riot in my house.
I'm with Captain Jack too....