Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Things always go awry...

Recently Ken had to go to Texas for a quick one-night trip for work. Things seem to go awry whenever he travels. For example, this was my morning.
Woke up at 5:00am, walked the dogs, fed the dogs, got ready for work, did the typical morning routine with getting the kids ready for school. What do you know, we were ready a few minutes early so I stopped at Starbucks- WHOHOO!!! While I'm waiting for my drink, I realized I forgot to give T his medicine. On the way back to the house, T and I got into a discussion on how to swallow his pill. (He puts it down his throat with his fingers.) I told him that if he does it that way, he would gag himself. He insisted I was wrong...

SO- back to the house we go. I run in the house, find my dog in the middle of tearing apart the trash while the puppy is sleeping on the couch. After cleaning up the mess, I take T's pill and a juice box to him. I no sooner walk around to the front of the car to get in, then look back to see T, eyes wide open, gagging. He manages to somehow say "Throw-up!" I tell him to open the door, and then I run back around the car... T gets the door open and proceeds to throw up.... Twice. Luckily he opened the door fast enough and well, you get the picture. (And reason #1483 that I'm not up for "Mom of the Year"? I couldn't pass on an opportunity to squeeze out an empathetic 'told you so'. But at least I waited until after a few hugs and cleaning things up.)

Now here's the craziest thing of all: Given everything I mentioned, I still managed to get the kids where they needed to be- on time- and get myself to work- on time! WOOOOOO!!!!!

And that's just 1 example of the craziness we experienced while Ken was away! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, but did you get your Starbucks? ;-)

Sounds like a fun morning!

Jane said...

I am SO glad Sam takes the kids most mornings!!!!

Anonymous said...

Or would you want your Starbicks after that?

This sounds like a day on our house! Never a dull moment...

Anonymous said...

Tim definitely has to get better at taking his pill. But I still think mom did a great job of handling all this! Go Bean!!!