Sunday, September 10, 2006

Some more "Firsts"

Well the first week of school seemed to be a nice success for Lira and Timmy. They adjusted very well and I didn't get any calls from teachers! LOL No news is good news, yes? no? They both say they like school when they get off the bus and I ask them how their day went. I already hear both of them using a few new english words and they talk about new friends. Timmy takes a nap each day in school and I'm JEALOUS that he won't take a nap for me at home any more! :) But that's okay, I'm not complaining. Since school began this week, Timmy's behavior at home has REALLY improved. No temper tantrums and he listens a bit better. He tells me each day and night that he misses me and is very cuddly. I have to admit that since I've returned to work, I've been in a better mood, too. When the kids get home, I realize how much I've missed them and my patience has definitely been recharged. The kids fall asleep so fast at night, too. Friday night the kids asked if they could go to sleep in the same bed. They usually giggle and talk and play with a toy, but not this time! They were out like a light within minutes thanks to a full week of school!

Yesterday we had a lot of fun with the kids. I had purchased baseball tickets for Ken's birthday back in April. (Side story: I bought these tickets for Ken before we left for Ukraine since his birthday would fall during our adoption trip. I bought 3 tickets thinking we were going to adopt 1 boy. Ooops! So we had to make other arrangements for the baseball game!) We decided Ken would take Timmy to his 1st baseball game and take our friend Nick- they'd have a fun boy's day out. They really enjoyed it and Timmy was very well behaved, just taking "it all" in. Lira and I invited our friend Melanie to have a girl's day. Melanie suggested going to Claytime Cafe (a paint- your-own pottery place) and we had a GREAT time! We actually spent 4 hours painting pottery and Lira was such a good girl. Even when Mel and I were still painting, Lira helped the women who worked there and they were so great with her. The one woman took her around the store and showed Lira where the paint goes, how to clean the tiles, and how they "fire" the pieces people have painted. Lira loved it and said she wanted to work there all night; she said Ms. Mel and I could go home and pick her up in the morning when she was done working. Too funny!

No comments: