Monday, September 18, 2006

Ukrainian Festival in MD




Sunday we went to a Ukrainian Festival in Silver Spring, MD along with friends of ours who also adopted from Ukraine. We had a great time and Lira and Timmy really enjoyed having authentic Ukrainian food. Even though Ken and I complained about our food choices while we were in Ukraine, I/ we did have a few favorites that we were also able to have at the festival yesterday. Lately Lira has been telling us that she forgets how to speak Russian and she doesn't like it if I say a word in Russian or Ukrainian and she doesn't like it when I say her name with the "r" rolled like in Cyrillic. Because of that, I didn't know how she would react at the festival, but she really liked it. She said she wanted a "costume" like the Ukrainian dancers on stage.

1 comment:

Calico Sky said...

Jeanine
Oh my they have grown so much!!! We met through FRUA (it's Kate here) and emailed a few times. I can't believe how much they have grown and seem to be thriving!
I have a blog now
http://aspecialfamily.blogspot.com

I would love to link your site to mine if that's ok? Feel free to link me to yours if you want!

I am so pleased that they are doing so well, now if I could get my kiddo's home!

Kate